Our Federal, State, county and local governments are working hard to help us help ourselves! However they can only support you with general help and are not intended to be relied on completely… Only you can take care of you best in the end!
Observe, Plan, Respond and Recover from this emergency with your whole community
1. EDUCATION…Be Present, Interact considering both short and long-term cause and effects; Anticipating not only the immediate results of actions, but also the effects down the road . . . asking, “is this helping or hurting our Covid 19 response? For ourselves, our community and our 7th generation’s collective health and symbiosis?” Planning for whole systems health with your mind, body and spirit.
2. FOOD….Input, medecine, Think, breathe, drink and consume healthy substances. Filter air if needed, fresh local food and water is vital. Organic supplements, meditation and medication. Electronic media is only one perspective; commune/listen to wild nature, your heart/gut instinct. Move the body in sunshine, reduce, stress and get good rest.
3. FAMILY….Strengthen patterns that foster family/teams Building communities of local and regional human and animal coalitions to produce food and guilds. Steward traditional ecological knowledge/Indigeonus wisdom paired with appropriate technology.
4. SAFETY….Identify and document best practices for whole systems health. Redefine your own self care and that of others during Covid-19. Build confidence in self and community and repeat successes and reduce shortfalls over time. Situational awareness-Reassess and seek additional help if needed .
5. Communication….Clear, concise, pertinent and open information is crucial confirm the message was heard then listen for response. Request and/or relay ANY and ALL “need to know” emergency information first! Document asap. Reduce unneeded chatter, stay safe.
6 Assess Situation…Look up, down ,in, and ALL AROUND- Quickly size up! Alarm and communicate any life safety hazards, identify an escape safety plan from exposures, plan options to stabilize incident/threat. Assess if situation/information is what it appears to be. Begin to anticipate needed responses or stand down, communicate situations to local parties.
- Prioritize Actions…Life Safety -Incident Stabilization and conservation . Reassess the incident and safely deploy tactics most effective to arrest the threat. Reduce exposure and risk of spread.to avoid further systems damage
- Neutralize Hazards…Abort or change action if risk trigger point reached Understanding that capacity is ambiguous; Use situational awareness and analysis in setting limits to operation. Communicate and respect caution.
- Restoration…Working together, smarter we are stronger with local coalitions Retreat to safe space, then re-emerge and interrelate symbiotically, redesign daily routines and structures that remedy any residual threats . An attitude of gratitude, with love and self care leads to whole earth healing and happiness
- Evaluate Needs….Triage to determine treatment and method . Airway and circulation, overall health condition? Rehab with peace and calm, medication and comfort for body, mind and spirit. Reassess and adjust rehab to best restore whole community/economy needs .
- Overhaul….Double check actions have been effective; clean up. Stand back with a birds eye and insure all is well, go over one more time, test and note results of priorities and execute any final actions. Reverence for rest and reassessment of ecological recovery.
Debrief….After Action Review-What worked and what didn’t; How can we improve? All parties involved share and process the experience to achieve mental health and increased safety and effectiveness and document key areas “need to know” should we need to confront incident again